The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 town and country that just started marking a loud clattering noise and I have no idea what it could be one guy told me that the motor is blown and my brother tells me it sounds like their is no oil getting to the valves I changed the oil filter and checked it the oil pump is pumping the oil but it’s still a loud clattering noise like a metal fan blade hitting a metal frame

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 06 town and country that just started marking a loud clattering noise and I have no idea what it could be one guy told me that the motor is blown and my brother tells me it sounds like their is no oil getting to the valves I changed the oil filter and checked it the oil pump is pumping the oil but it’s still a loud clattering noise like a metal fan blade hitting a metal frame
Was also told it could be a cracked flywheel

·
Registered
1997 Chrysler Town & Country LXi AWD
148 Posts
Sounds like the common cracked flex plate

·
3rd gen > all others
3,418 Posts
I'd check the flex plate first. There is a small inspection cover on the bottom of the bellhousing that can be pulled off to inspect for cracks. They usually crack around the crankshaft bolt circle, but these later flex plates can spread the crack outwards where it can be seen easier. The transmission nearly has to be removed to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts