The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was trying to do an ESS bypass (didn’t work), by disconnecting the PCR and the negative terminal on the auxiliary battery. My error still comes up with the “@.” Which is fine because I don’t want to use ESS anyway, but the error on the dash is annoying.
Anyway… as I was reassembling everything, I noticed the caps on the battery were pushing up against the bottom of the label. I pushed them down. Was wondering if this is a concern?
I’m another thread, I mentioned I’ve had to replace my engine because the previous owner wrecked it and overheated it. The internals were warped because of this. Also, they had to replace the the starter because it had gone bad from cranking on a blown engine, the dealer said.
If you have a comment on the ESS, that’s fine, too. But mostly concerned with what anyone has to say about the battery caps being popped up. If the battery could possibly have been effected by the blown engine and mistreatment before.
Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, my in dash voltage shows 14.0-14.1. If I hit the brakes or turn lights on, it’ll drop to 13.2. After a couple seconds it gets back to 14.0-14.1. It stays steady at 14.0 if I just idle. I don’t know if this is normal or maybe my alternator is weakening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts