The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a body control module for my 1998 grand caravan se for awhile now..the thing is..it needs to specific..my van does have all the goodies..rear air and heat..electric drivers seat..power vent windows..etc..please help!!ive checked rock auto and alot of other online vendors..I don't even care if its used,As long as its good..let me know please

·
3rd gen > all others
3,627 Posts
Does your van have the chipped key? The security system?

If it does, you can use a BCM from a van that doesn't have it because it is a learned feature in the BCM. Once learned, it cannot be switched off or forgotten. Putting a security BCM in a van that doesn't have it may result in the van locking you out, and that gets expensive to fix.

Other features that might be needed to match are cruise control, power sliding doors/liftgate, power windows, power locks, and standard or digital climate control. Oh, and your mileage could also change with the swap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does your van have the chipped key? The security system?

If it does, you can use a BCM from a van that doesn't have it because it is a learned feature in the BCM. Once learned, it cannot be switched off or forgotten. Putting a security BCM in a van that doesn't have it may result in the van locking you out, and that gets expensive to fix.

Other features that might be needed to match are cruise control, power sliding doors/liftgate, power windows, power locks, and standard or digital climate control. Oh, and your mileage could also change with the swap.
not sure about the alarm..it does have a panic feature on the key remote tho..i don't think it has a chipped..actually i'm pretty sure it doesnt cuz ive had keys cut from walwart and they work just fine..the van will run n drive right now..but theres no guages..no lights..no radio or heat..and it all went out within the same week..its been sitting for 2 yrs now but wanna bring it back to life..it only has 110,000 on it and its a great runner..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts