The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been collecting this type of information for my other vehicles, but until recently had no reason to for my 2015 or 2012 DGC. I purchased the 2015 used with a bit of damage to it. It looked like easy fixes, so I "stole" the parts from my 2012 that was to be towed away within a few days.

So my one upgrade to add to this list is:

Swap out the center row stow-a-way seat floor doors. The 2015's were cheaped out. The 2012 had a piano hinge all the way across the split and the locking mechanism also went to both hinges. The sound insulation was way better as well.
I am not sure when they started getting cheaper, so there may be other years. The only other difference for me was the 2015 had finger holes and the 2012 did not. No biggie for me. Please add any you know about. If this takes off, I will try and edit it to keep it flowing.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,286 Posts
I do have a 2012 T & C and also a 2017 DGC.

The cover on the 2017 is actually an improvement over the 2012.

No finger hole, maybe yours is missing the little thingy to lift it, it can be removed.

Regarding hinges, I think the new hinges are actually an improvement, more sturdier and not prone to freeze due to rust.

Insulation is actually better on my 2017, the rear mat locks into place on that cover, so the adds another layer of insulation.

No, the one on my 2012 is not better than the one on my 2017 DGC, it is the other way around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting!

Do you have pictures of the "finger holes"?
I'll look and see if I have any pictures.

I do have a 2012 T & C and also a 2017 DGC.

The cover on the 2017 is actually an improvement over the 2012.

No finger hole, maybe yours is missing the little thingy to lift it, it can be removed.

Regarding hinges, I think the new hinges are actually an improvement, more sturdier and not prone to freeze due to rust.

Insulation is actually better on my 2017, the rear mat locks into place on that cover, so the adds another layer of insulation.

No, the one on my 2012 is not better than the one on my 2017 DGC, it is the other way around.

Not sure why, but what I posted for me is true.

So do either of you have any upgrades to add to the lis?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
LEVY
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing