The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got a 2nd gen caravan, nice little find for 400 bucks. I'm honestly just gonna have fun with it, if I could put a LS motor in it and an allison transmission why not. I'm just curious though without any major modifications to the frame or body what's the biggest engine that will fit in the foot print of a 3.0 or 3.3, and are those the same footprint for that matter? My over all goal is to get some sort of v8 in there just for shits and grins, if I could pull a Silverado out of the mud with this thing I'd be tickled pink. Just a fun project to have with this new little find, any insight helps thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Biggest engine without doing major work, 3.8 or 4.0L V6.
If you want to convert to RWD, which is going to be significant work, you can pretty much fit anything in, you just may have to move the radiator in front of the support.

Honestly, a 3.8 is a significant upgrade for these and is a direct bolt in, even mates to your trans if its already a 3.3. The 3.0 however takes very well to modding and can easily be boosted to make around 300 hp very cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Long_Voyager94
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing