The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I've only had this installed for day but just had to recommend this headunit to everyone here.
It has already exceeded my expectations and taken my 'new' van to another level..

Boss BE10ACP

I purchased it with the install package that included the PAC RP4-CH11 wiring interface that worked like a charm to retain all the factory stuff. Still waiting on an adapter to arrive to reconnect my backup cam.

If you have any questions about it I'm happy to help..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi!
For what ?
OEM radio has enought quality parameters for sounding. :)
When driving at night, it will be very distracting.

Best regards!

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V
401 Posts
Sorry to say it, but Boss is pretty much bottom-of-the-barrel, low quality junk. I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't last very long. It's tempting, but I've learned the hard way not to use off brands like that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi!
For what ?
OEM radio has enought quality parameters for sounding. :)
When driving at night, it will be very distracting.

Best regards!
Hey!
For what? Apple CarPlay mainly. Messaging, Spotify, Google Maps, Weather, etc.
If all you need is a radio then yes this is probably not for you.
The screen dims at night just like a factory deck. It's all adjustable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to say it, but Boss is pretty much bottom-of-the-barrel, low quality junk. I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't last very long. It's tempting, but I've learned the hard way not to use off brands like that.
Hey yea I've never thought much of Boss either but I thought this unit offered a lot of bang for the buck, and the reviews were decent. Similar sized units from the big brands looked to be about 3x the price.

There have been a few revisions of this model already and I think they've got it tweaked. I have seen zero bugs/issues so far. Really happy with it. 2 years coverage with Crutchfield if I decide otherwise down the line.

Got my backup camera adapter this week and it worked like a charm to connect the factory camera. (y)

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan C/V
401 Posts
Hope it works out for you.

I am happy with my $75 Pioneer that just, you know, plays music. ;) I can use my $10 refurbished Android phone for most of that other stuff if I really need to.:cool:

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Grand Carvan
6 Posts
Ok I've only had this installed for day but just had to recommend this headunit to everyone here.
It has already exceeded my expectations and taken my 'new' van to another level..

Boss BE10ACP

I purchased it with the install package that included the PAC RP4-CH11 wiring interface that worked like a charm to retain all the factory stuff. Still waiting on an adapter to arrive to reconnect my backup cam.

If you have any questions about it I'm happy to help..

View attachment 62462

View attachment 62456
[/QUOT

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Grand Carvan
6 Posts
I put the Kenwood DMX 1037s Love this radio I had lowest model stereo in my van no bluetooth and no unconnect no back up camera...Total upgrade I was surprised I had steering controls on the steering wheel..but had it programed. Put 6x9 infinity refence speakers sounds great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, very similar design..even the volume knob.
Looks like it sits up higher. No up/down adjustability or it that just where you like it?
Will likely swap my speakers out at some point with the same ones you used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts