The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 T&C with 125k miles. Normal braking works correctly, but lately when my ABS engages I loose all brake pressure. The pedal goes all the way to the floor with minimal amount of braking happening. The brakes don't recover after the ABS event, they remain soft. Haven't been able to determine what corrects the problem. Sometimes it seems time corrects it, other times it seems pumping the brakes helps. I've had the front brake rotors and pads replace along with having the brakes bleed. Plan on taking it to the dealer, but wanted to get some advice before doing so. Hate to go in there without an idea of what to expect from both a repair plan and cost.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've noticed on ours if you just hit them hard and it really isnt that close to locking up the ABS comes on . To me this really doesnt seem right . normal braking seems ok . No brake lights of any kind are on in the dash.

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,014 Posts
I've noticed on ours if you just hit them hard and it really isnt that close to locking up the ABS comes on . To me this really doesnt seem right . normal braking seems ok . No brake lights of any kind are on in the dash.
That could be the Brake Assist System (BAS):
The Brake Assist System (BAS) is designed to optimize the vehicle’s braking capability during emergency braking maneuvers. The system detects an emergency braking situation by sensing the rate and amount of brake application, and then applies optimum pressure to the brakes. This can help reduce braking distances. The BAS complements the ABS. Applying the brakes very quickly results in the best BAS assistance. To receive the benefit of the system, you must apply continuous braking pressure during the stopping sequence. Do not reduce brake pedal pressure unless braking is no longer desired. Once the brake pedal is released, the BAS is deactivated.

·
Registered
919 Posts
That could be the Brake Assist System (BAS):
Do they all have this , have the cheaper AVP model . If they do then that is probably what it is .

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,014 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts