The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 t&c limited w/ 140k I went to start van after work and started to start made a noise and did not start. I restarted all seemed fine. I was driving down the road and pressed brake pedal and I had to use a lot of force to stop. When I got to my destination put in park I noticed the rpm were higher 2 vs 1.2.
What happened? I just bought this van a few weeks ago from an individual.
Before this happened I noticed Gwarr Gwarr Gwarr sound at idle when the climate control was on.
John

·
Latent car nut
9,022 Posts
I have an 03 t&c limited w/ 140k I went to start van after work and started to start made a noise and did not start. I restarted all seemed fine. I was driving down the road and pressed brake pedal and I had to use a lot of force to stop. When I got to my destination put in park I noticed the rpm were higher 2 vs 1.2.
What happened? I just bought this van a few weeks ago from an individual.
Before this happened I noticed Gwarr Gwarr Gwarr sound at idle when the climate control was on.
John
It sounds like the vacuum line to your brake booster came loose.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,110 Posts
Welcome!
Brake booster line seems loose dude. Just put it back in, as when its not in you have a huge vacuum leak causing the high idle. Probably was lose or not put on properly and slipped out.

Also the Grr Grr Grr noise might be a bad alt decoupler pulley.

·
Voted most useless member
1,899 Posts
Hello
Jsalewicz

Sir, I hope you take your car for a quick free check up just to make sure everything is sound.

Vacuum lines revoking themselves from the brake master cylinder (behind where the brake fluid goes) by themselves is not common.

Please seek help.

If you can't afford it, please let us try to help you ensure that we find the issue of why it happened so that your family is safe in the vehicle.

In best regard's,
iMickey503

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,110 Posts
Glad to hear you found the hose and put it back on.

Now as to the alternator decoupler pulley...Does it sound like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzNaWxhaX0. Cause that is my van and that is how it sounds with the bad pulley.

You can get a new pulley for $50 easily, but you'll have to get the tool at autozone for $25 to remove the pulley.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what it sounds like! I have not worked on cars, so not sure I would want to do that, what will a shop charge? And is there a concern if I wait?
As for the line it come off from the top of the motor.
I think when it miss fired at start up it back fired and blew it off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,110 Posts
Not sure what the shop will charge, sorry. No concern if you wait. Mine has been making that noise since 2011 so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts