The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Broken DVD player ejects / whirrs constantly, how to repair or disconnect

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Nick0802 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 Chrysler T&C with a factory DVD player located at the bottom of the center dash. The unit was damaged and now it just ejects constantly. I don't care if the unit never works again, I'd just like that whirring to stop. I'd be happy to disable the unit (provided the radio/CD player at the top of the dash keeps working). I don't know anything about installing or removing panels, fuses, harnesses, etc. so a detailed list would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time

#2 ·
#4 ·
Yeah, maybe if you disconnect the dvd player it'll stop ejecting.

One time I saw an ebay autcion for a complete dvd player radio set for a Spec Ed SXT. They had the Chrysler order code for it so I checked it on a Chrylser Parts site. It listed but wasn't available. I called the Service Manager and he said all old radio / dvd players are discontinued, they get repaired at dealers with an exchanged / refurbished one. So in turn, they fix the defective unit they get from you.

#5 ·
I was able to jam an old DVD in the slot and the whirring stopped (the yellow eject light still flashes and the radio display shows ERROR when I select DVD mode, but that's okay). I'm able to switch the DVD player to AUX and use the A/V jacks near the back seats, so that's great. Now we can plug in a portable DVD player, games, etc. and not eject forever. I may disconnect the unit someday anyway. What do you think of the new Town and Country models?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.