The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
while threading through a dash cam cable under the headliner I pulled out a black wire with white stripe about where the rear view mirror is situated (photo attached). If I pull the wire out it goes off towards the left hand A-pillar. At the tip of the wire looks to be a connector but there are no hole for it to connect but instead it’s just pinched at the end. I suspect it’s a tempature sensor but I may be wildly wrong. If I am right would i be able to just push it back or does it, indeed, connect to something? Do I have to remove the head liner to put it back where it belongs?

Thanks in advance.
Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,980 Posts
Doesn't look factory, black with white stripe isn't a wire color anywhere in the roof of the van as far as I'm aware. It's likely some aftermarket wire which powered something or was a ground for something that had been removed at some point.

It is not for the auto mirror for sure, nor for the rain sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I tested all the buttons I could think of, the over head door controls, the rain and auto headlight sensor, wiper speed control, main beam and any random thing I could think of. All are working as should be.

I bought the car from new and afaik there shouldn’t be any aftermarket wiring running up there. I did have massive works done to make it wheelchair accessible but I can’t think why they would route something up there. I’m going to the adaptions garage soon so I’ll ask to see if they know. I’ll post back here if you’re interested.

Thanks for answering me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts