The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question I have a 2007 T&C LX and I changed the plugs wires and changed the coil pack twice The #1 coil pack has no fire someone told me that the pcm or ecm is bad and needs to be changed As soon as I get to 3k rpm it bucks and shakes I thought it might be a crank sensor Any ideas or help

·
Registered
624 Posts
If #1 spark plug will not fire, why do you have the engine rev'ing to 3K ???

Captain, I'm given her all she can take before she breaks apart !!!!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
How do you take into account that there is no spark on the #1 and I replaced the pack 3 times
You wrote previously 'The #1 coil pack has no fire'. If one of the 3 packs/drivers were bad, that would mean 2 cylinders are dead, and the van would barely even be able to stay running. But now you just said #1 has no spark, which sounds like only that one cylinder is misfiring. Keep in mind that we're not looking over your shoulder, and have no idea what you're doing.

You'll have to describe exactly how you're testing, and what the results were, in order for anyone here to even begin to help you figure out what's going on with your van.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay
I have replaced all plugs wires plus I changed the coil pack 2 times I have a tendacy to run tank low on gas and I thought I had gotten some bad gas which was making the van run rough I had a mechanic do a plug check and there was no spark from the #1 coil pack hence a second coil pack change Still same thing no spark was told the pcm is bad causing a signal not sent to coil pack they say the pcm is located on drivers side front wheel well others say a crank sensor is bad causing no fire I am not a rich person just want my van running good again any ideas that might help

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
.... I had a mechanic do a plug check and there was no spark from the #1 coil pack ... was told the pcm is bad causing a signal not sent to coil pack they say the pcm is located on drivers side front wheel well others say a crank sensor is bad causing no fire I am not a rich person just want my van running good again any ideas that might help
Sorry but I'm not going to be able to help you, because it's all guesswork without hands-on test results. You're dealing with shops, which is fine; however doing that doesn't provide the test results that would be required to try making a diagnosis. Best of luck and I hope your van is back on the road soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a question I have a 2007 T&C LX and I changed the plugs wires and changed the coil pack twice The #1 coil pack has no fire someone told me that the pcm or ecm is bad and needs to be changed As soon as I get to 3k rpm it bucks and shakes I thought it might be a crank sensor Any ideas or help
probably transmission. Go to an auto store and buy $10 transmission shudder fixer. I've done it 2 or 3 times and the last bottle has lasted over 6K miles.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,908 Posts
probably transmission. Go to an auto store and buy $10 transmission shudder fixer. I've done it 2 or 3 times and the last bottle has lasted over 6K miles.
Not unless you know for sure it is a transmission problem.

Nothing should be added to ATF+4 unless everything else fails and you have nothing to loose.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think you need to take the car to another mechanic to make sure that cylinder 1 isn't getting any spark. If that's really the case, some of the suggestions you are getting on here don't make any sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It’s on the road now in park it revs to 3,000 rpm driving is when it gets to 3,000 rpm and starts bucking have a gas smell and getting about 20-21 mpg when driving I thought the bcm controls the fuses and relays and ecm/pcm controls the engine

·
Registered
620 Posts
i'd really suggest against that, never assume it's the transmission itself until everything else has been ruled out

·
Super Moderator
22,235 Posts
Limp mode? Not likely.

·
fix it if you can
4,810 Posts
I'm sorry to say the problem & diagnosis make no sense to me:
Ignition system is "waste spark" system - there are only 3 coils firing 6 plugs.
If #1 coil is not firing (due to pcm output failure), you're running on 4 cylinders (which you are probably not if you can still drive it).
If #1 plug is getting no spark, is #4 getting good spark?

If crankshaft position sensor were bad, it would not run.

If PCM is shutting down #1 cylinder, it is doing so by not 'firing' the fuel injector.

what diagnostic codes is it setting? what's the mileage?...
"LX" has the 3.3?
What was the condition of the plug on #1 cyl & how many miles was the plug in service?

Guessing is a real lousy way of diagnosing problems and so far there's very little info to go on.

·
Registered
624 Posts
To gets codes on the van, have you done the 3X key-dance ???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts