The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly my 2005 SXT does not have a cabin filter and I'm thinking to myself lol what a wonderful world... No really why would Daimler Chrysler do that? In their Mercedes they are usually very concerned with cabin filtration which is one of the things I do miss..

Looking to probably get that kit or just replace all the components and put a filtration system in - its not acceptable to be ZERO....

My 2002s had them they were Chrysler Town and Country Limited editions.. Seems to me more so the town and countries or anything grand caravan limited has the filter in it.

Chrysler how much are we saving? I would think managing another system in the van would not be smart regardless of how much they're really saving. In my mind you could simply just put it in all of them and be done with it why complicated?

My 2 cents

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
The cabin filters for the 4th Generation (my 2002 DGC Sport) was located after the blower. Most seem to be before the blower which is good as mice can get it there. They squeal awful loud when the blower cage grabs them.

Likely best to locate the filter before the blower, say near the intake.

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Is yours factory or an aftermarket setup? Really a third design... That's ridiculous.
Factory. Didn't know I had one for 13 years. Still filtered fine, the pine needles provided a good scent, the fuzz enhanced the filtration and the (gotta help me think of this next one). :)

·
3rd gen > all others
4,572 Posts
My 2004 T&C Limited has one. It was neglected for a long time, and the decreased airflow made the blower work harder and lead to the failure of it and the control module. I had replaced it with a new one for a year, removed it for the winter and never put it back in. I really don't notice a difference, but that's me. People sensitive to pollen and other things appreciate having one though.

Reactions: itsallgood

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea pollin is bad in PA that’s why i need it

That 04 unit is out can you take pictures of it be interesting to see or if you want to sell it and you still have it I’d be interested thank you for your post

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
yea pollin is bad in PA that’s why i need it

That 04 unit is out can you take pictures of it be interesting to see or if you want to sell it and you still have it I’d be interested thank you for your post
Rockauto.com has all makes for the 2005. Same filter as for the 2002.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts