The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We are thinking about buying a used Dodge Caravan, 2002 to 2005 year model. We want to use this vehicle primarily to transport our two large dogs and a lot of camping gear. In order to provide the dogs with a place to lounge while we're driving, it would be best to position the full-size bench seat (normally found in 3rd row, I believe) immediately behind the driver - that is, in the 2nd row position. This would also leave a lot of space for camping gear.

I was told that the Caravans are designed so the 2nd row seat can be removed and the 3rd row bench seat can then be slid into the 2nd row position.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this capability limited to only certain year models or all 4th generation models?

Thank you for any info you care to share!

Consuelo

·
Registered
229 Posts
Works fine on my 2002 (not that I use the back seats much), and of course it won't work with Stow 'n Go seats. Probably works with any 4th gen up to the Stow 'n Go era of 2005.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will work that way on my 2005 T&C that is not sto-n-go. See pages 120 thru 124 of the Owners Manual for the various seating options which are many and varied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all... I appreciate the info. I am new to the minivan world and did not even realize that the T&C is the "sister" to the Caravan. Duh!

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
I was told that the Caravans are designed so the 2nd row seat can be removed and the 3rd row bench seat can then be slid into the 2nd row position.

Can anyone confirm this? Is this capability limited to only certain year models or all 4th generation models?

Thank you for any info you care to share!

Consuelo
First off, welcome to the forum! The caravans without Stow-n-Go can have the second row seat removed and the 3rd row bench seat being slid into the 2nd row position, I did this last week with my 2004 caravan and it worked flawlessly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts