The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

Just got this van a week ago. It comes with the HDMI port in the back now. Tried using a HDMI to MHL converter for my S4, but it's not even picking up that aux 1(HDMI) has anything plugged in. Tried it with a PS3 (both HDMI and RCA) nada. It just won't pick up anything from the rear VES inputs. Put in a DVD in the dash to test it and that worked. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Is there a setting to turn the hdmi/rear inputs on buried in the menus?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Did you try having your Van turned off. Plug in your devices. Then turn on your van and turn on your devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't find any buried settings and I tried the "plug all in first" then turn on. Almost considering having the dealer hook something up to show me it works. It shouldn't be this hard. I've read all the manuals and it appears I'm doing everything correct.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I am curious as well, i havent tried anything yet

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Try changing the output resolution. I've found that if I try to mirror my phone at a higher resolution than the screen supports, it acts like nothing is plugged in. Maybe the van's screens are only 720p.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've tried a PS2 via AUX2 RCA ports and a PS3 via HDMI. I've got a bluray player so resolution shouldn't be an issue. Its not as simple as just selecting the right input. When I hit source and change to those inputs it says something like no input is found ensure device is powered on and volume is turned up.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Even with a bluray player, the screens aren't necessarily 1080p. Some screens/tvs will downgrade a signal so it can be displayed, some will ignore the signal entirely.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a rental 14 T&C and I tried to hook up the PS3 for the kids and I could hear sound, but it would not show the pictures. Let us know if the dealer can figure it out for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I didnt think the inverter had enough power for a PS3, was under the impression its rated for 170 watts max

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
yea i saw that chart last night when i looked it up. I have one of the 1st gen 60GB ones that has full backwards compatibility.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have a slim, The first time it powered on then shut off then I powered it on again it was fine had sound over the speakers but could not get a signal to the RES screens.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We use our Xbox 360 via HDMI all the time in the van without any issues. My son plays it on the 3rd row screen and my daughter and younger son usually watch Frozen on BluRay on the Second row screen. Something doesn't seem right with your setup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know its not the power as both systems boot up and stay on fine and it is a superslim ps3. I would consider resolution an issue, but the ps2 doesn't work either. I can try to lower the ps3 to 720 and try it. I don't know what else could be wrong with the setup. Seems strait forward enough...hook up systems switch to VES aux 1 or 2. I suppose I'll try taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought my 2014 TC today and having the same issue. Any luck getting it figured out? My PS3 comes on and stays on but no video or audio. Maybe playing with the settings on the ps3? Hope we can figure this out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
there is a way to make the ps3 auto detect the best video output. i think you hold the power button for a specific amount of beeps.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts