The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got a 2007 T&C, 220k miles, with a plugged cat. I'm considering either replacing it or, *cough* not replacing it *cough. It looks like there are some methods to trick the computer into not throwing a P0420 by using a couple of spark plug defoulers to raise the trailing O2 sensor out of the exhaust stream a bit.

Has anyone done such a modification? Any problems?

I should add that my state has no emissions laws.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Does that work when there is no cat at all? I've done it with success before with aftermarket cats that weren't as efficient as stock and set codes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've read it typically works and is a common modification for off-street (racing) vehicles. My only concern is exhaust pressure. I believe the exhaust on these minivans is designed to be around 2-3 PSI, but if the kitty is gone then that'll probably drop to about zero. As long as that won't harm anything, I'll likely go that route. Don't know how long I'll have the vehicle as it's getting up there in all three major categories (mileage, rust and wife-dislike). Therefore I'm not inclined to spend a $ton on it. But the current plugged cat is definitely a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts