The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my original factory space (small temporary donut) and I'm trying to find out if I can switch it out for a FULL size spare. Discount tire says yes, but I'm afraid it may not fit in the small area that currently houses the donut. I'm getting conflicting information in doing searches, that it is or isn't possible.

I don't want the bottom of the tire holder to be scraping the ground every time I hit a speed bump. So, has anyone with my vehicle changed out the small donut to a full size tire? It's a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with Stow & Go seating.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I need to replace my original factory space (small temporary donut) and I'm trying to find out if I can switch it out for a FULL size spare. Discount tire says yes, but I'm afraid it may not fit in the small area that currently houses the donut. I'm getting conflicting information in doing searches, that it is or isn't possible.

I don't want the bottom of the tire holder to be scraping the ground every time I hit a speed bump. So, has anyone with my vehicle changed out the small donut to a full size tire? It's a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with Stow & Go seating.
Changed my 06 GCV SXT no problems.

·
fix it if you can
5,517 Posts
On a van with stowNgo / fold in floor seating, the only option for full size spare it to place it inside the van.
Check your owner's manual, you can't even place full size flat in place of spare.

It's one thing if you scrape a curb/bump, it's entirely other if you hit road debris at highway speed and the full size spare brakes loose under the van...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts