The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no schrader valve in this vehicle. How do I check the fuel pressure? I am trying to diagnose a intermittent stall. Id like to see if my fuel pressure is dropping when the van stalls by bypassing the fuel pump relay and jumping 14 colts directly to the fuel pump. I know there is a special kit from the dealership for checking fuel pressure, but is there any other option? Has anyone made anything that will allow you to check fuel pressure with a gauge? Please help, I've been chasing this problem for too long now. Thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
Here is mine, found a tee that the shrader fit and got the ends at the u pick.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
my 01 T&C has a shrader valve. very hard to find but it was there! follow all the lines and you will find it. Mine is under the air inlet to the intake manifold. Under the big rubber bellow running from the air filter to the intake. Take the hose off and check there? very hard to see under that intake hose!

·
Super Moderator
4,833 Posts
You most likely found the Shrader valve used to test the evap system. Does it have a green cap? If so it is NOT for fuel pressure testing.
Gen 4 is when the rail ports were removed as a cost savings.
I chose this picture because it shows the evap port and the fuel rail port as well. It is a GM engine bay shot.

This is what I have made up for my van.
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/sh...talling-a-fuel-line-test-tap-port.?highlight=

·
Registered
133 Posts
No, it has a black cap, I know where the evap one is, that valve is located under the Air Filter box. The fuel pressure shrader valve is under the air intake bellow coming from the intake manifold. Follow the fuel lines leaving the intake manifold, the chrome one, and about 6 inches later there is the valve! I have tested the fuel pressure from there before! 2001 T&C. I see you made yours, I wonder why I have one and you don't? Mine came stock

·
Registered
980 Posts
Nox, which engine do you have, I have not seen one on any 4th gen v6's my self.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 3.3, I have a fuel shrader valve 100% it's there! Stock! on the fuel rail. right after where the fuel lines exit the intake. You have to really bend and look under the intake air hose. The evap shrader valve is in another area under the air filter box.

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,166 Posts
My 2001 Caravan also has the Schrader valve in the fuel line, exactly as described above by Noxzema. The valve was eliminated at some point in the 4th Gen run (probably to save a few cents).

As a side note, the evap port that 1994 Sport mentioned above was also eliminated from the 4th Gens at some point.

George

·
Super Moderator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,166 Posts
We want pictures! :)
Here you go:

Fuel Pressure Port:

Closeup of Fuel Pressure Port:

And just for reference, here's the Evap Port:

All photos are of my 2001 Grand Caravan Sport.

George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts