The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,521 Posts
The auto-update is through Google Play. Guess mine has been slacking. Says it updated on the 10th and last update was on the 9th.

Wait.... that looks different. Is that the PC version? Mine's the mobile version.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yep, PC version. That explains the difference in versions. I still need to check on the thermistor function though

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
I have the as-downloaded version 2.2.5 mobile. I will check how to update thru Google play.

Live data > transmission oil temp c > minus 19. Current temp is 64 F = 18 C. Maybe out of range for the sensor? I will try again when transmission is warm.

Btw I use a budget OBD2 reader, veepeak obdcheck ble. Can it be the culprit? Wouldn't it be either connected or not, rather than reading error?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,521 Posts
If you're able to read other things correctly, then it should be fine. I've had some cheap ones that wouldn't do certain things or read certain cars, but if you can see correct live data on something else (like coolant temp or current gear) then you should be fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
AlphaOBD read Transmission Oil Temperature C in the RUN position. After a short trip, 50 C, or 31 mm max. Mine was overfilled by 2 mm. Good to know my budget OBD2 reader is working well with AlphaOBD so far.

By the way my cheap non-contact IR thermometer aimed at the pan gave the same temperature.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts