The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan 2013 Chrysler T & C and a few more
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are quite a few old minivans here in Ontario.
How about posting a few pics of the worst in your town?
I'll start with a neighbour's daily driver that still runs and is quite a few pounds lighter.
Beat this beater!

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just traded up from a 2007 caravan to a 2016 t&c touring l.
Re: rust protection, what do you guys know about Fluid Film ?
I have tried a few others in the past.
Electronic protection ??
Thank Q

·
Super Moderator
29,720 Posts
That rust was just cosmetic.:) Certainly shows that washing the underbody during winter salt season isn't going to help inside of panels. In fact, the underbody of a vehicle tends to stand up pretty good on its own.

Take a look here:

Fluid Film has been around the longest and is well known in US and Canada. Woolwax is a similar product.
Fluid Film is usually done by independent shops, not necessarily licensed applicators, locally here.

Krown, Rust Check, Corrosion Free, Rustblock and Rust Cure are well known in Canada. They stay soft (creep, penetrate, repel moisture, arrest rust, lubricate). Yearly, or 18 month applications.

Krown has a good reputation and seems well organized as to application. I use them when I'm not doing the application myself.

Electronic systems don't work.

Products that harden or provide a rubberized coating are doubtful. They tend to crack and to trap moisture.

Reactions: Mtfix20

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI: I’m in Sault Ste.Marie Ontario. Had an assortment of rustproofing from years ago. After seeing YouTube reviews of the new PB BLASTER I decided to test it and Krown bulk & spray can, & Woolwax on a fresh angle iron mounted on my front bumper late winter. Very shortly the Krown products rusted bad. The Woolwax & PB BLASTER products held up for months even after power washing. Krown should be ashamed of their products compared to the others. Other tests with Fluid Film washed off too easily. The 4 gallons of Krown is going to the disposal depot. Also are testing Waxoil products. I have also used many expensive Mil- spec products in the past too.
When rustproofing, I remove all interior panels to access the seams. Takes me about 3 weeks to do a really good job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts