The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car a week ago, and all of the sudden the driver's seat is getting hot when I drive it, and it does not come with the heated seats options?

what is causing this all of the sudden?

thanks for your help!

Registered
2009 GCV SE
Hmm, are you sure it's not just you that's heating the seat up and then it just feels hot and sweaty? 馃槀

If the van didn't have heated seats then the wiring and the heated seat module shouldn't be present.

When you have the heater on, and sending air down to the foot well area, then if you have something behind the drivers seat (like a box or a blanket) That will stop the air moving to the rear, and instead send the air towards the drivers side, but unless the heater is on the warmest temperature it really shouldn't be felt through the seat.

If you have the power seat option, that may have something to do with it if something is pressing on the seat movement button, for example getting it on the lowest level but keep it pressed in the down position. I don't have any ideas on what else could be the issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply!
I wish I could say it was me. LOL! but it is still warm around here, so I'm still using the AC in the car. I did notice that the area that gets hot its the same area that were the lumber adjustments is, could it be that that is getting hot for some reason?

Registered
2009 GCV SE
thanks for the reply!
I wish I could say it was me. LOL! but it is still warm around here, so I'm still using the AC in the car. I did notice that the area that gets hot its the same area that were the lumber adjustments is, could it be that that is getting hot for some reason?
It really shouldn't be, the motor will only adjust when you press any of the buttons to move the power seat. And it will adjust when pressed even with the key out. I'm not actually sure where to motor is located, but that's about the only thing I can think of what would heat the seat up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts