The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Is there a "street legal" model out there with a top speed of at least 45 mph? I wouldn't mind one of these to go back and forth to work, or to buzz around town, but 25 mph won't cut it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like a pretty neat little vehicle. We couldn't use one though because we live in a "country subdivision," i.e., not inside city limits. Speeds range from 45-55 on the way into work. A GEM would get run off the road between home and my office.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I used to drive one around the dealer a lot they were very nimble and pretty quick, they must have changed something though because the ones I had driven a few years ago were rated for 35mph and were legal for such roads that sucks if they are down to 25...

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
I used to drive one around the dealer a lot they were very nimble and pretty quick, they must have changed something though because the ones I had driven a few years ago were rated for 35mph and were legal for such roads that sucks if they are down to 25...
We had one here a few years ago, and its top speed was 25, but it was legal to drive on roads with speed limits as high as 35 MPH. They marketed it as "rated for 35 MPH roads", even though its top speed was truly only 25.

·
PT Driver
2,674 Posts
yep I remember seeing one of those over around Holland, MI a couple weekends ago. besides looking completely worthless in a crash they don't seem that bad. great alternative to golf carts lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts