The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a recent dismissal: The case didn't look to have much merit but gives some inkling to how a Judge will consider and make a ruling. Interesting read.
But according to the judge, although the plaintiffs claim they suffered damages, the plaintiffs admit none of them paid for any repairs to their Dodge cars.
DODGE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT DISMISSED OVER CHARGERS AND CHALLENGERS

One can imagine how a Judge (Judges actually as there are several similar actions on the books) will consider/rule for the Pentastar Tick.

USA:
CHRYSLER PENTASTAR 3.6L PROBLEMS CAUSE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Pentastar V6 engines allegedly tick, surge, misfire and fail due to contaminated engine oil.

Canada:
CHRYSLER PENTASTAR 3.6L ENGINE PROBLEMS CAUSE LAWSUIT

Class action lawsuit alleges Pentastar V6 engines tick, lose power and suffer complete failures.

I think we have a well documented, valid, case with lots of merit, including $1,500+ costs for repairs at the Dealerships.

I wonder how the extended warranty companies, that cover these repairs over and over again, are getting compensated by Chrysler.

I just had all 12 replaced on the left side this week. This is the third or fourth time for rockers and camshafts. The warranty company told the shop to replace all on the left side. The van has 156,000 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here's a recent dismissal: The case didn't look to have much merit but gives some inkling to how a Judge will consider and make a ruling. Interesting read.

DODGE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT DISMISSED OVER CHARGERS AND CHALLENGERS

One can imagine how a Judge (Judges actually as there are several similar actions on the books) will consider/rule for the Pentastar Tick.

USA:
CHRYSLER PENTASTAR 3.6L PROBLEMS CAUSE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Pentastar V6 engines allegedly tick, surge, misfire and fail due to contaminated engine oil.

Canada:
CHRYSLER PENTASTAR 3.6L ENGINE PROBLEMS CAUSE LAWSUIT

Class action lawsuit alleges Pentastar V6 engines tick, lose power and suffer complete failures.

I think we have a well documented, valid, case with lots of merit, including $1,500+ costs for repairs at the Dealerships.

I wonder how the extended warranty companies, that cover these repairs over and over again, are getting compensated by Chrysler.

They've had 10 years of issues with this engine?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd be interested to see and hear some videos of engines with the rockers going bad vs normal and with ticks like you'd hear from injectors or a manifold leak. I have what I think is a significant tick but I don't think it's the rockers because when I put a stethoscope on the engine the noise is louder further down.

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try around #2 cylinder, that's a popular one, lots of heat there.

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I was checking for noisy rocker arm. Can you hear the tick from inside the cabin? Usually the rocker arm tick isn't heard inside the cabin.

If the tick is louder in the area of the #2 cylinder, it's likely the rocker arm. With the hood up, the tick is loud It can also be heard by people that you pass by. Not a buried sound.

Use the site's search engine for "ticking" in 5th Generation Forum category. The may be some sound clips.

Any codes stored?

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Class action= millions of $$$ for the lawyers, plaintiffs may get a free carwash, or free tire shine.
Why do you suppose Chrysler extended the warranty on the sliding door locks?

The actuators have been failure prone since 2002 MY.

The 3.6L is an award winning engine and is touted as such by Chrysler. Misleading advertising, as the valve train on these engines is failure prone and expensive to repair. That deserves no award from the Customer. If that were false advertising about fuel mileage expectations, heads would roll.
The compensation received by Class Members would be paid out of the funds remaining from the $4,950,000 Settlement proceeds after deductions.
Extended warranty is a better form of settlement as long as the Owner still has the vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts