The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed all of a sudden in my 2003 Chrysler Town & Country LX, that when I am in park, engine idling and I depress the brake pedal I hear a clicking or pop sound that coming from somewhere behind the dash panel. Any ideas what this may be?

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is most likely the brake/transmission shift interlock device (BTSI). The BTSI allows you only to shift when the brake pedal is depressed. The clicking is probably from normal operation. Unless you think its abnormal, and then it could be some binding in the cable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
from the dash, or at the brake pedal, my makes a clicking noise when depresed at the brake pedal

·
1000 Post Club Member
2,497 Posts
Do you feel it either in the shift column or in the pedal? Could be something in the front drivers caliper, sticking or moving suddenly and you can hear it more at park. Have someone stand outside with hands on the rim or backing plate when you do this and see if they feel anything. Could the spring on the pedal be binding?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I noticed all of a sudden in my 2003 Chrysler Town & Country LX, that when I am in park, engine idling and I depress the brake pedal I hear a clicking or pop sound that coming from somewhere behind the dash panel. Any ideas what this may be?
Any idea how it was fixed? Same issue on 2005 caravan but not showing in Park yet it is. Cluster is only stopping in reverse (although it really is in park) and can not start van. There is a louder than normal clicking noise under dash and pretty much points to the BTSI. Anyone have an idea how to remove the BTSI ? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts