The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Thanks in advance for any help... I have an 01 town n country with all the bells n whistles! 3.8.... Climate control..... My heater quit blowing, so I figured out that the resistor was bad... Changed the blower resistor and then the blower was on hi at all settings... Even with the heater switched off it's blowing on hi.... So I went and got a used climate control unit from the bone yard and replaced it... SAME PROBLEM... BLOWER ON HI, EVERY SETTING, EVEN WITH POWER OFF ON HEATER CONTROL...

·
3rd gen > all others
3,418 Posts
Which climate control, knob style or digital button style? Each uses a different "resistor" module for fan speed.

Does it do the same thing if you install the old resistor again, with the "new" climate control?

Reactions: Mopar-Mofun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Which climate control, knob style or digital button style? Each uses a different "resistor" module for fan speed.

Does it do the same thing if you install the old resistor again, with the "new" climate control?
Haven't tried installing old resistor as it tested bad..... I don't see why that would change anything as it's doing same thing with both climate controls.... But i'll try it.... Knob style...

·
3rd gen > all others
3,418 Posts
It's to see if the new resistor is defective and shunting full power to the blower full time. Sometimes new parts are bad right out of the box.

Reactions: LEVY

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
884 Posts

I would ask the same thing if the Resistor was replaced 2X. It's something else. ....

Hey guys.. Thanks in advance for any help... I have an 01 town n country with all the bells n whistles! 3.8.... Climate control..... My heater quit blowing, so I figured out that the resistor was bad... Changed the blower resistor and then the blower was on hi at all settings... Even with the heater switched off it's blowing on hi.... So I went and got a used climate control unit from the bone yard and replaced it... SAME PROBLEM... BLOWER ON HI, EVERY SETTING, EVEN WITH POWER OFF ON HEATER CONTROL...
So, on the HVAC control panel, the blower switch may have gone bad. It's a knob that turns a rotary switch with wiper contacts. These HVAC panels are sold as complete units, so, getting a switch is not available. And even if you did, you would have the bastardize the control to swap one in.

For my van here are the replacements. Look up your year and level of controls as these vans have MANY possibilities to choose from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would ask the same thing if the Resistor was replaced 2X. It's something else. ....

So, on the HVAC control panel, the blower switch may have gone bad. It's a knob that turns a rotary switch with wiper contacts. These HVAC panels are sold as complete units, so, getting a switch is not available. And even if you did, you would have the bastardize the control to swap one in.

For my van here are the replacements. Look up your year and level of controls as these vans have MANY possibilities to choose from.

If you would have read my post it says I already changed the entire climate control unit..... Which contains all the switches.... Thanks for the input.... I have concluded I have a shorted wire somewhere!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts