The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
p1698 defenition

no ccd message from tcm (transmission control module) either units bad or need to be flash with the new update.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The P1698 code also comes up, after a few driving cycles, when those solder joints for the cluster plug pins go bad. There have been some newer threads on this as well. The FSM, including the Body Diagnostic Procedures book, is silent on this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The P1698 code comes up on my Dodge MiniVan SE 1997 (automatic)
I notice when I'm driving, it misfires around 25-40mph. It's like when shifts from 2nd-to-3rd or 3rd-to-4th gear.
I've checked for solder cracks(none) & cluster pins(nothing bad).
I gave it a tune up(changed the spark plugs&cables). It's still happenning.
For whatever reason, it's the same code. Any suggestions?
(One of my buddies randomly said, change the O2 sensor)

·
Registered
1 Posts
The check engine light is on and the code read P1698. My instrument panel also works intermittently. This is a 1998 Dodge Caravan 3.3, 182000 miles. I DO NOT want to put much more money into this but must get it inspected. Please tell me there is something besides replacing the PCM, which I know is expensive and I have no idea where it is anyway!! HELP:mad:
I don't know if this will help someone but i have a 98 dodge caravan 3.3 engine that I was having same issue with the instrument cluster. After watching videos on YouTube everyone is saying that behind the cluster is the issue but i didn't see a single one fixing the problem. Anyway i replaced the whole engine harness. And my problem was solved good luck to everyone!!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
18 Participants
A.J
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing