The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Code P2763

962 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ggoose 
#1 ·
Hello , well out of the blue today, going to work, my van decided to act stupid, I got to work and when I got ready to go home a friend just happened to have a code reader, P2763 is the code that came up, the van will run down the road fine, but stopping and pulling off is almost impossible, I managed to slip it in neutral when coming to a stop, but pulling off from standstill is terrible, it acts like the torque converter is locked up all the time. Anyone run into this problem before. If so any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
My suggestion for any chrysler transmission issue is to have have the transmission pan dropped, filter replaced, and fill with licensed atf+4 ONLY (no substitutes, no conditioners, no snakeoil to make it 'like' atf+4).

The pan drop allows one to inspect what is at the bottom of the pan. A slimy film on pan and fuzzy magnet are ok, metal chunks are not.

A fresh dose of aft+4 has been know to resolve a number of issues with chrysler transmissions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.