The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

2801 - 2820 of 2848 Posts

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Your van gonna have 500,000 km on it by then? :)
Nah, it is going to get close to 400,000 Km :)

But my wife is kind of pushing me to buy a younger van for her to agree to travel to your area next year :geek:

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,802
What's the story on the can of corrosion protection you mentioned previously, Miron? Was it called "Corrosion Free"? If so, it has been around for decades at Canadian Tire.
Corrosion FREE protects your vehicle against damage caused by salt, liquid de-icing and winter driving conditions. It is designed to penetrate the seams and crevices. It eliminates moisture. It prevents rust and corrosion in all metals, it protects vinyl and plastic surfaces from UV rays and improves the function of moving parts through lubrication.
It's a good product.

Krown drips like crazy. Most other products are "environmentality friendly", i.e. they don't readily drip unless over applied. But they all can drip if over applied.

Haven't seen any "WoolWax" yet, in Canada.

What's with the raccoons getting inebriated in Stittsville? Cannabis? :unsure::whistle::)

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,803 (Edited)
:coffee:

Auto industry boost announced in Windsor (Ontario): https://blackburnnews.com/windsor/windsor-news/2019/09/09/auto-industry-boost-announced-windsor/
The PC government has announced a $10 million boost for the auto industry in Ontario.

Officials warn of generator dangers after fires in the Maritimes: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/officials-warn-of-generator-dangers-after-fires-in-the-maritimes-1.4584403
As hundreds of thousands of Maritimers remain without power after Dorian, fire and safety officials are warning about the dangers of generators after a number of fires in the region.

An historic century-old general store on Nova Scotia’s South Shore has been badly-damaged by fire involving a generator.

Nova Scotia Power Is Getting Roasted After Thousands Of Canadians Are Still In The Dark: https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/ns/hurricane-dorian-nova-scotia-power-criticized-on-twitter-for-leaving-people-in-the-dark
Hurricane Dorian has left Nova Scotia without power, at least a lot of it. The province is still dealing with the mess of the passing storm, and while crews are working diligently to clear debris, thousands of residents are still without power as of Sept. 9.

According to a tweet from the utility, they have restored power to roughly 50 percent of homes that lost it during the storm. Crews from Maine have also driven across the border in order to provide assistance in restoring power to the province.

Dorian cleanup sees Nova Scotia Power facing largest outage in company history: https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2019/09/08/canadian-forces-troops-to-help-in-massive-post-dorian-cleanup-in-maritimes.html
Dorian may not have hit Nova Scotia with the same punch as Hurricane Juan, but due to the storm’s “widespread” impact across the province the power utility is facing their largest restoration challenge ever.
The former hurricane barrelled into the Atlantic region on Saturday as a post-tropical storm with winds reaching between 120 and 150 kilometres an hour, and rain in the 100 to 200 millimetre range, according to the Canadian Hurricane Centre.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
What's the story on the can of corrosion protection you mentioned previously, Miron? Was it called "Corrosion Free"?
No, it is not... I will tell you in the afternoon... it's Rust Care or something like that and I never saw it before :)
I'll post a picture tonight...

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,805 (Edited)
No, it is not... I will tell you in the afternoon... it's Rust Care or something like that and I never saw it before :)
I'll post a picture tonight...
Rust Cure is a Corrosion Free product (mentioned previously) and is good. Rust Check would be a better buy as it's often on sale, red can for inside panels and green can for underbody.

I see the US gallon can of Fluid Film on sale at Canadian Tire for $108.00. I can get it at an Auto Parts Shop for $70.00 regular price and $13.00 for a large spray can. What a rip off that product is with regard to its over pricing in Canada. Who's protecting the Consumer, certainly not the free trade agreements. Can't wait for WoolWax to show up.

My opinion on "free trade" is that it is a free ride for big companies and the rich to get richer (definitely so, that's what it's designed to do). Both Liberals and Conservatives are letting the Consumers down big time (regular guy isn't getting richer) and then we have to bail out the wrong-done-by Farmers, both for EU agreement and TPP. I hope the new agreement with the US/Mexico doesn't pass either, too much unfairness regarding rules, regulations and working conditions. Maybe it's too much forward thinking to realize that an out of work consumer will purchase less or go in debt to do so. When it comes down to a man and his dog remaining, only dog food may be affordable. 🐶 🥔 ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,806

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Here is Rust Cure

I never saw it before but Formula 3000 is ringing a bell...

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Rust Check would be a better buy as it's often on sale, red can for inside panels and green can for underbody.
They had the red one only but the small version which is expensive... Rust Cure is 12.99+tax (400g) and FF is 15.99+tax (333g) at CTire.

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,809 (Edited)

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,264 Posts

Search is on for primate after Texas residents report seeing one on the loose: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/search-primate-after-texas-residents-report-seeing-one-loose-n1052221

LEVY, are you safe? Could it be Achmed? or Walter? or Bolton? Have you had your rabies shot? still have your Tarzan outfit? Do you have a baseball bat? Can you swing a baseball bat? fast?

We will be watching Fox News reports from Dorian devastated Alabama.

:cautious: :)

Good morning.

Just got back from Puerto Vallarta.

We actually have some primates in South Texas. Believe it ir not, those are Snow Monkeys. Seen a couple on my ranch.

Google Texas Snow Monkeys to know how those monkeys got here, all the way from Japan.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,264 Posts
Our Hotel in Puerto Vallarta.

On our way back from Puerto Vallarta. Tequila, Jalisco, where Tequila was born.

We brought some Prickly Pear from Mexico, very sweet.

We also have Prickly Pear in South Texas, but not edible for those who already tasted Mexican Prickly Pear. There are Green, Red, Yellow but in my opinion green is the sweetest.

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,812 (Edited)
Do Primates like prickly pears?

They can survive the cold:

Here I was worried about you and you were out of State. Anyway, you're safe. :) Which are more of a personal injury risk, the Primates or the Cartel?

Nice Hotel. 👍

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,264 Posts
More on Texas Monkeys

It was Jan. 21, 1996, the last day of the winter buck season. Missy, Lilly, and Meggy, two of them nursing mothers, had been shot dead – "blowed apart," according to the game warden called to the scene. A fourth survivor, Jason, was left with only a stump for an arm. All had been shot a few feet outside their home fence line, while snacking on deer corn that had been spread as bait.

At the time, many locals could have predicted this would happen. But the actual chain of events, the true story behind one of Texas' most persistent rural legends – the 1996 open season on monkeys – is a story that has steadily faded. How had monkeys come to be standing in the Texas hunters' firing line?

The troop under fire consisted of wild but rapidly acculturating "Snow Monkeys" (more precisely known as Japanese macaques, or Macaca fuscata). This particular troop began as about 150 in number, previously evicted from the encroaching suburbs of Kyoto, Japan. They had been brought to the South Texas Primate Observatory in 1972, in the first attempt at the relocation of an entire primate population. The observatory's ranch near Dilley, in Frio County, was much hotter than the macaques' Japanese home, and at first many perished. But South Texas eventually provided the conditions the monkeys needed to thrive: a wild setting, water tanks, plenty of mesquite beans, cactus fruits, and lots of tall brush to climb around in. Things went very well – at least for the first couple of decades......

TEXAS MONKEYS

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,814
Interesting article.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Our Hotel in Puerto Vallarta.
These pictures remind me of an old saying about my native country: Romania is a beautiful country... too bad it is populated!

Mexic is a beautiful country... too bad, it is populated by all those criminal gangs... I heard about so many Canadian and other tourists being killed while travelling there...

The saying about Romania has a little different meaning but the bottom line is the same :(

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,817 (Edited)
GM recalls more than 3.4M pickups, SUVs to fix brake issues: https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/gm-recalls-more-than-3-4m-pickups-suvs-to-fix-brake-issues-1.4587854
Under pressure from the federal government, General Motors is recalling nearly 3.8 million big pickup trucks and SUVs in the U.S and Canada to fix a brake problem.

There have been 113 reports of crashes and 13 injuries related to the problem, according to GM.

The recall covers the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups from the 2014 through 2018 model years. Also included are the Cadillac Escalade from 2015 to 2017, and the GMC Yukon and Chevy Suburban and Tahoe from 2015 through 2018. .....

Ram Recalls Nearly 700K More Trucks To Fix Tailgate That May Pop Open: https://www.motor1.com/news/370193/ram-tailgate-recall-expansion/
FCA predicts the repair should take just 12 minutes to complete.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles is expanding a previously announced recall for Ram 1500, 2500, and 3500 tailgates because the panel may open unexpectedly while driving. The campaign now covers a total of 1,103,479 vehicles, versus affecting 410,351 pickups in the original filing from May 2019. .....

2020 Ram 1500 Earns Top Safety Pick+ From IIHS: https://moparinsiders.com/2020-ram-1500-earns-top-safety-pick-from-iihs/
There is without a doubt that the 2020 Ram 1500 models are the safest pickups the brand has ever produced. Now, the 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab models have been named a Top Safety Pick+ for 2019, which is the highest rating given by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). .....

·
Super Moderator
21,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,818 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Good morning :)

My mechanic took my van in... the infamous P0456 code showed his ugly face yesterday... Evaporator Small Leak...

2801 - 2820 of 2848 Posts
About this Discussion
2.8K Replies
29 Participants
Jeepman
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing