The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

3581 - 3600 of 3684 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,581
Now could be a great opportunity for you to upgrade your old Jeep ;)
What do you mean by "old Jeep"? The Jeep is offended. It's just a little older than your snow tires. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
What do you mean by "old Jeep"? The Jeep is offended. It's just a little older than your snow tires. :ROFLMAO:
My winter tires are 5 years younger... and your Jeep is one year younger than my van that has just 2,000 Km more... :)

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Stores running out of generators before potential storm
First, I thought the storm reached Texas o_O

Luckily, we never lose power for more than a few minutes as all the cables are underground!

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,585
First, I thought the storm reached Texas o_O

Luckily, we never lose power for more than a few minutes as all the cables are underground!
That only works for trees falling on lines or poles getting hit by a big moose. Are the transformer sites and substations underground?

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,586

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,587

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,226 Posts
There will be deaths and fires because on poor installation.

Maybe you could rent yours out at a reasonable price for transportation. :)

The ones powered by propane, are they hard on fuel?
What many people don't know is, if generator is not isolated from the grid, it can kill a lineman working on restoring power.

Yes, propane generators use more fuel, but propane shelf life is a lot longer.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
That only works for trees falling on lines or poles getting hit by a big moose. Are the transformer sites and substations underground?
Probably not... but there are no trees or a big moose in the fenced compound :)
Otherwise, I don't see how rain can affect them...

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,590 (Edited)
Probably not... but there are no trees or a big moose in the fenced compound :)
Otherwise, I don't see how rain can affect them...
Yes, the City folks will have power when us country folks have an outage because of trees. Usually a transformer blows. A recent large scale power outage took out power at the Halifax airport. There wasn't even a storm to blame.

Plans for a power outage: Power Outage

I see the freezing rain has started here, right on schedule. If only I had LEVY's generator. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,591
:coffee:

New Dodge Challenger rumoured to be sold alongside current one

:coffee:

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I see the freezing rain has started here, right on schedule. If only I had LEVY's generator.
After raining like crazy for the last 20 hours, now the sun is out :) but -4 degrees feeling like -13... 3 days ago they dared to say that freezing rain would start today at 9:30 :ROFLMAO: o_O now they know the hour too? most time they are not able to tell me what the weather would be tomorrow and now they are giving the time... what a joke :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,593
You are too critical. Climate change is messing with the weather forecast. Too much wind causing turmoil. :)

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
You are too critical. Climate change is messing with the weather forecast. Too much wind causing turmoil. :)
Poor meteorologists... victims of climate change ;) luckily they are not politicians...

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,595
Some people say "they have to go", this car says "it has to stop". :)

Mazda Is Recalling The Mazda3 Because It Can Hallucinate And Activate Emergency Braking

Sounds dangerous, doesn't it? Previous recall was for lug nuts falling off. That's not so dangerous. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,597
:coffee::coffee:

FCA trims output at 4 plants after backlog

:coffee::coffee:

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,598 (Edited)
Good morning.

Can anyone guess Popeye's favorite food?

See Answer here:

Popeye's Favorite Food
That's too funny. A relative?? :)

Well, she's right, just add biscuits. Ha, ha.

Trivia:
Olive Oyl is a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar in 1919 for his comic strip Thimble Theatre. The strip was later renamed Popeye after the sailor character that became the most popular member of the cast; however, Olive Oyl was a main character for 10 years before Popeye's 1929 appearance.

·
Super Moderator
22,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,600
3581 - 3600 of 3684 Posts