The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

3821 - 3840 of 3885 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
10,559 Posts
I ordered some parts from RockAuto...Two of the parts were sourced in Maspeth, New York, the other in Phoenix, Arizona. Both shipments went through Memphis...
Why Memphis, seems very indirect?
Why Memphis? The answer is interesting.

There are couple of possible answers.

1. They are actually shipping from a warehouse in Memphis. Most autopart stores use dropship services from big parts wholesalers. Main one being Keystone. Keystone ships internationally from Memphis. I haven't seen one auto parts chain who doesn't buy from Keystone or LKQ.
  2. Shipper often give discounts if shipped out of certain cities.

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,822 (Edited)
:coffee::coffee:

Everybody remembers this song. :)

PEANUT BUTTER - 1961 - The Marathons

Oh, oh. Today's news. Don't spread til you've read. :)
Canada-wide peanut butter spread recall due to possible listeria contamination

The Coasters - Along Came Jones

The Coasters: Little egypt

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Instructor guarantee a pilot license before you pay a dime for classes.

My youngest son got his driver's license when he was 14. Got his first car at 10.
Horrible 😡

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,824
I ordered some parts from RockAuto last Thursday evening, the 6th. They arrived early afternoon today, the 11th. Two of the parts were sourced in Maspeth, New York, the other in Phoenix, Arizona. Both shipments went through Memphis, then to Mirabel (Quebec), then to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, then to me. FedEx all the way. They arrived together, in two separate packages.

Why Memphis, seems very indirect?

The parts arrived with taxes and customs already paid, the courier guy just handed me the packages, turned around and was on his way. Everything was in good shape. Very simple and expedient plus saved a few $ compared to buying locally.

Why Memphis? The answer is interesting.

Why Does My Package Go Through Memphis? Answers Revealed!

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,825 (Edited)
Dodge Grand Caravan Reliability Rating

Imports rule here, so why is Dodge Grand Caravan among South Florida's longest-owned vehicles?

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,826 (Edited)

Toyota recalls 8,214 vehicles in Canada for coolant leak risk

Replacing the entire engine. WOW!

In the United States, around 44,000 vehicles may be affected; in Canada that number is 8,214 cars and trucks.

The issue stems from an improperly manufactured engine block, which can leak coolant during normal engine operation. “This can lead to engine noise, engine smoke, warning lights/malfunction indicator illumination, an audible chime sounding, and/or, in some cases, engine overheating and possible internal mechanical engine damage,” said Toyota in a statement.
Since when have we seen something this bad with an engine? Those darnn robots. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,829 (Edited)
It is clearly much cheaper :)
Not only cheaper but likely the engines can't be fixed regardless, i.e. garbage. Toyota making garbage, what's next?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Not only cheaper but likely the engines can't be fixed regardless, i.e. garbage. Toyota making garbage, what's next?
Next, is Lexus making garbage... quality down, prices up and up and away...

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,831 (Edited)
Chrysler Launches New Pacifica Campaign Featuring Kathryn Hahn:

FCA re-commits to minivan segment with new model and Pacifica re-design

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,832

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
FCA re-commits to minivan segment with new model and Pacifica re-design
The redesign is uglier... couldn't they ask the public opinion before starting the redesign work? :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,834
The redesign is uglier... couldn't they ask the public opinion before starting the redesign work? :unsure:
Guess they didn't ask you. :)

Front sort of looks like the front of a 2016 T&C. Van looks better in white.

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,835

·
Registered
6,788 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Guess they didn't ask you. :)

Front sort of looks like the front of a 2016 T&C. Van looks better in white.
I was talking about the redesign... the one that looks like a KIA minivan... we already talked about it lately... nobody liked it...

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,838 (Edited)
I was talking about the redesign... the one that looks like a KIA minivan... we already talked about it lately... nobody liked it...
Yes, but you didn't look at it in white, or a lighter color.

This explains the vehicle. I notice the front grill has a Ford look about it. The Voyager will retain the old look in front, apparently.

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,839

Shrove Tuesday is coming up, but not tomorrow. Put some Aunt Jemima on your shopping list OR find out where they have the "all you can eat pancakes" deal. :)

Daytona 500 was postponed until today. Trump doesn't control the weather .... yet. :)

Trudeau cancels trip to Caribbean after facing criticism over Liberals response to pipeline protests

About time. Those protests, by blocking rail traffic, are illegal. Impacts my supply of propane too. Could get cold around here. :(

Is it effect or affect?
Most of the time, you'll want affect as a verb meaning to influence something and effect for the something that was influenced. The difference between affect and effect is so slippery that people have started using "impact" as a verb instead

3821 - 3840 of 3885 Posts