The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a coolant leak coming from the engine on the opposite side of the coolant reservoir (driver side).

This metal component has been corroded to the point of leaking and breaking:

Rusted component; the back side is flat and fits in the orifice in the photo below

Here is a photo of the engine where the component broke:

My main ask is what is this component?

I cannot find a similarly-shaped component (with a flat side and only one tube) in the 'Coolant System' within the RockAuto shop here:

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

·
3rd gen > all others
4,572 Posts
You can't get a new part on Rock Auto. This is a heater supply pipe. It takes the hot coolant from the top of the engine and connects it to the heater core intake hose. Probably just need to get a good used one from a junkyard. 3rd gen van I think also uses this same pipe.

·
Registered
149 Posts
that part is really corroded. i'm guessin its aluminum ? i looked briefly on rock auto and i dont see one either. did u try looking at local junk yards then. now i have to look at my 3.3 and see its condition ? you might be able to get one off a 3.3 later years ? if you cant find one let me know ? i might be out at the junkyard later this week ? u pay the shipping and part ? thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
I noticed a coolant leak coming from the engine on the opposite side of the coolant reservoir (driver side).

This metal component has been corroded to the point of leaking and breaking:

Rusted component; the back side is flat and fits in the orifice in the photo below

Here is a photo of the engine where the component broke:

My main ask is what is this component?

I cannot find a similarly-shaped component (with a flat side and only one tube) in the 'Coolant System' within the RockAuto shop here:

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
doo doo da doo ! so what s doin with dis ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts