The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 T&C ..when the fuel line on the top of the fuel pump began leaking I replaced it with a new one...new fuel filter..but it won't pump fuel to the rail anymore I've checked all fuses and relays cleaned connections to the fuse center and computer ..if I use starting fluid it will start for a second..every time I remove lines or the pump there is zero gas or pressure on the lines I don't hear any pump noise on start up...thank you for any suggestions

·
Registered
440 Posts
Go to the fuel pump relay under the hood. Test to find terminal 85 should be live with the key on. Jump 85 to 87. 87 supplies power to the pump. Have someone listen near the tank to hear the pump run. If it doesn't run, either the wiring is bad or the pump. There are many how to videos on this subject such as...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piOzN1tZI_E&ab_channel=EricTheCarGuy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just because its new does not mean its good!Did you test run the pump before putting it in the tank?Lots of garbage new parts out there.Is it a Bosch(original equipment ) or some other brand?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to the fuel pump relay under the hood. Test to find terminal 85 should be live with the key on. Jump 85 to 87. 87 supplies power to the pump. Have someone listen near the tank to hear the pump run. If it doesn't run, either the wiring is bad or the pump. There are many how to videos on this subject such as...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piOzN1tZI_E&ab_channel=EricTheCarGuy
Thank you for your kindness I have done this test and nothing..... have seen many of the videos on YouTube and done most of the tests and servicing and checking of wires..thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
We must be clear with what we say. Did you replace the pump or the leaking hose on top of the tank? There is no 12 volts where exactly? Continuity to ground where?
Following the many videos available on youtube, you should be able to isolate the problem. There are fuses under the dash as well as under the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no 12v and no continuity to ground
I have checked for 12v on the terminals below the relay and tested for continuity with the neg terminal of the battery and I get neither I am familiar with a multimeter I see fuses and relaysbelow the dash inside but no idea where they go to I have changed the fuel pump twice with new ones and filter and hoses the new pump has never moved fuel since it was installed

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
Just because its new does not mean its good! Did you test run the pump before putting it in the tank? Lots of garbage new parts out there. Is it a Bosch(original equipment ) or some other brand?
Original pump is Walbro, not Bosch. I hope the OP didn't use a cheap pump, like Delphi or Airtex.

This is the original pump out of my 2000 T&C, that died @ 219,000 miles.
Dishware Kitchen utensil Tableware Wood Serveware

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Original pump is Walbro, not Bosch. I hope the OP didn't use a cheap pump, like Delphi or Airtex.

This is the original pump out of my 2000 T&C, that died @ 219,000 miles.
View attachment 68096
The pumps I bought were from Autozone a local supplier for about 125.00i tested the internal motor for continuity and spun up the motor on my bench using 12 v...however I don't believe the fuel pump is getting power I removed the relays...tested them with a meter and applied 12v and checked continuity to make sure it was able to carry the 12v

1 - 10 of 10 Posts