The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm in a bind in a major way. I've got a 2012 t&c 3.6 that's giving me transmission issues (I know I know, what else is new) I've narrowed it down to a few possibilities, none of which I can afford to buy. I do however have a 2009 t&c 3.8. My question to the knowledgeable masses here is; can I cannibalize my 09 to save my 12?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
You can... but have you tried doing the fluid and filter in the failed transmission? A lot of the times it's a clogged filter starving the trans and preventing it from working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can... but have you tried doing the fluid and filter in the failed transmission? A lot of the times it's a clogged filter starving the trans and preventing it from working.
I did do a trans fluid and filter change, that got me mobility back, but it's still spitting out the "shift solenoid sensor b" code. From what I've gathered it appears the solenoid pack is identical between the two models. Just as an impasse, if I don't try nothing changes; if I do try I run the risk of making it all unusable. When it rains in pours yall.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
You could just buy a valve body for it and keep your fully working trans intact. I think you would need to buy gaskets for it if you were to transfer it, but I haven't done a V/B on these yet. Most vehicles require gaskets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts