The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 x Grand Voyagers - 2008 LX 3.8 petrol. 2008 Limited 2.8 Diesel, 2009 Limited 2.8 Diesel
141 Posts
The power to my cruise control (2008/2009) routes through a plunger switch that sits over the brake pedal. This plunger can go out of adjustment (I have a feeling this might happen if you slam on the pedal). This switch also powers the Centre High Level Stop Light (I think that's how they call it) but not the side brake lights - they are on a separate circuit.

Does anything else not work/ lights on especially around the steering wheel.

Cruise control will not work if the car is not in complete control of where the wheels are or the steering wheel which means it could be clockspring, abs sensors, brake switch or he actual stalk could be faulty.

Many of these would throw a code.

·
Super Moderator
30,167 Posts
Brake lights working?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,320 Posts
Most things that turn on the engine light will disable cruise control. If it's that switch it would also affect the brake lights.

• Helpful
Reactions: georgef

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,320 Posts
You have to remove the brake pedal sensor to reset it. Should be pretty obvious once you have it off. It will pop all the way out to its fullest extension and automatically resets itself when installing it.

·
Super Moderator
30,167 Posts
Thanks, but I don't see the plunger switch -- my T&C is 2012 -- not 2008/2009 like yours.
There's a brake light switch listed for your vehicle. Check the brake pedal lever arm.

Composite material Auto part Plastic Engineering Cleanliness

Replacement video:

Reactions: Sienile

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,320 Posts
Thanks, but I don't see the plunger switch -- my T&C is 2012 -- not 2008/2009 like yours.
Mine's a '13, but they are all the same from '08-'20. See the above post by Jeepman,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the tips. Now I need to get some physical help -- without going into details or complaining, I'm very old and unable to crawl under the dash to fix the plunger (or switch). Give me a little time to try your solutions.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,320 Posts
If you're in the Atlanta area I could swing by and give you a hand.

·
Registered
680 Posts
When you press the cruise control button on the steering wheel, does the symbol come up in the EVIC or not?
I ask because I also drive a T&C MY12 and sometimes the icon doesn't appear there when I press the cruise control button. I then press the SET and RES buttons together for 2 seconds and the cruise control icon reappears

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Astounding -- cruise control is back, without changing the plunger switch. I went to my local mechanic to see if he could help me by crawling under the dash; he heard my story, checked my taillights, looked under the hood, then sat and fiddled with the control buttons. And suddenly the cruise control was working again. How long it will last is a new puzzle that I can live with. Thank you all for your suggestions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts