The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used car prices are sky high right now, jumping 7.3% in May and up 10-20% overall (so says the media) over the past few months. It seems like the newer 5th Gens in my area have increased astronomically though, far beyond 10-20%.

For example, Stock# U9360 USED 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan

Note how the dealer listing says KBB price is $29,435, so $26,990 is supposedly a steal. I could've easily found a comparable SXT in my area 4-6 months ago in the $18k-$20k range.

I looked up the window sticker for this van and sticker price was $33,545 when new, so the current KBB used price is probably around what a lot of people paid for a new 2019 after rebates and incentives.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I paid Can.$28,200 for my 2019 SXT new, including nav, DVD, Parksense, etc. and our dollar was worth 30% less than yours.

I also considered buying one in the US as we own a place in FL. New selling price for a 2019 SXT was US$29,000 but actual might have been a bit lower. Used 2017/18s were going for $18-20k. That was in March 2019. I thought that was expensive, because a new and better equipped 2019 at home was the same price.

Used car prices are crazy right now, due to a whole bunch of reasons. If it is at all possible, I would wait until things settle done. I bought a new Journey 3 years ago and I got an email from the dealer today offering what I paid on a trade, sight unseen. Of course, that's not such a great deal because I'd have to pay through the nose for a new something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts