The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 t & c 3.3 front wheel Dr. Has new radiator and other leaks fixed. Line to or from fire wall was cut and fixed with plastic tube. Looks like it's been rerouted to connect behind the thermostat, upper hose bolted to thing. the best I could to bleed the coolant system.
Everything seems to work fine, no leaks, thermostat works.while parked the temp stays good and heat is blowing almost to hot. Let run 1/2 HR all good. Take off down road and within 3 miles the heat blows cold. Looks like antifreeze was pushed out of resivor. Plastic tube patch does cause a high spot, possibly air trap. When I push down on high spot tube gets real hot fast. Is the patch the problem?

·
Super Moderator
22,600 Posts
If you find a steep hill you will likely have heat going up, but not going down. Basically the coolant level in your radiator has to be the highest in the system.

It's sort of a closed system but air can sometimes get into it during cool down via the radiator cap or the small overflow hose connection at the radiator neck..

Normally, when there's no heat, the fluid level in the radiator itself, is below a certain level.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you find a steep hill you will likely have heat going up, but not going down. Basically the coolant level in your radiator has to be the highest in the system.

It's sort of a closed system but air can sometimes get into it during cool down via the radiator cap or the small overflow hose connection at the radiator neck..

Normally, when there's no heat, the fluid level in the radiator itself, is below a certain level.
Makes seance to me. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts