The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been a long-time lurker. I have a 2010 T&C it has 183,300 miles on it. Almost everything has been fine with the van. Our most extensive repair was the Torque convertor about 50,000 miles ago.

So lately in the past week, we have seen the dash lights freak out, gauges not working, dinging, the seat moving back and forth, wipers moving, and headlights on and off. This doesn't happen all the time, nor is it predictable when it will happen. The car does not die, nor give any indication of dying. Sometimes the "freakout" will stop while driving.

Also, during the "freakout" sometimes the wipers don't move, and sometimes the seat doesn't move.

Most people have traced it to a wire broken in the driver's side door. But It seems in their videos the car is doing all the time, not just randomly like mine. But I am wondering if it is the passenger front door because my wife noticed last night that the power window switch was no longer working.... Is any of this related?

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,319 Posts
It's not a wire in the door, but the wire section that runs around the door. A similar issue with a different frequency will usually have the same cause. Your problem is still on the driver side harness. Possible that you may have bumped the window lock button, or the damaged wiring made it seem like it had been hit.

I'm sure the videos you mentioned show you the areas of concern and what to check, right? I personally haven't seen this issue yet, so I'd have to look it up myself to find specifics.

Reactions: User6573

·
Registered
3 x Grand Voyagers - 2008 LX 3.8 petrol. 2008 Limited 2.8 Diesel, 2009 Limited 2.8 Diesel
141 Posts
I have read a cheap diagnosis is to disconnect the cables going in to the door module on the door in question. This is accessible through pulling the door card. If you do, may I suggest you remove the door card first and then remove the master control switch from underneath (they have really flimsy clips to seem to easily break). This isolates the suspect wiring loom. There have also been reports a of damage to a loom that runs down the middle of the well to the third row seats causing issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts