The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the part of the dashboard that houses the front speaker underneath. It looks like it can be popped out easily. Is there a name that I can look it up under on the internet.

What has happened it has split from front to back about 18" from the drivers side along the edge of the vent opening and I want to replace it.

Also has anyone ever removed this piece and how did you do it successfully.

I'd appreciate any help follow DIYers who own or have worked on Town & Country vans.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
You mean the rear dash?

That rear dash is fairly easy to remove.

You need to pull off the window pillar trim panels first then pry up the front dash panel. Best to go to the junkyard and grab the dash.

A pic of the the dash removed:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You So Much

I appreciate it so much for the information but most of all the picture. now I must say I would have called that the front piece of the dash instead of the rear dash. It like what is stage left or stage right, depends if your in the audience or on the stage.

Also the invaluable piece was the removing of the support covering. I bet the person who owned the car before me tried to take it off without taking that covering off and it split.

I"m new on the chat boards and don't know how to navigate through them. Next time I will supply pictures.

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
No problem, Glad to help. I'm planning on making a youtube video oh how to remove the rear dash on their 2001-2007 Caravan/ T&C. It'll help many who have no clue on how to remove theirs properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts