The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share a recent tire shopping experience. I was shopping for some Michelins and cross-referencing with the Hunter RoadForce Balancer system. In case you don't know, there are static balancers, there are spin balancers, and then there's the Hunter RoadForce balancer. Short summary - it's the only balancer I know if that actually presses the tires against a roller to see if the tire's sidewall stiffness is uniform, and can also detect if the tire won't want to roll straight.

Anyway... it turns out that the local Ford and Chrysler dealers were competitive with all of the other tire stores in town AND they had the latest Hunter RoadForce balancers which many of the other shops don't have. So, don't discount them as a tire source.

You can search for shops with Hunter RoadForce balancers yourself here.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Just thought I'd share a recent tire shopping experience. I was shopping for some Michelins and cross-referencing with the Hunter RoadForce Balancer system. In case you don't know, there are static balancers, there are spin balancers, and then there's the Hunter RoadForce balancer. Short summary - it's the only balancer I know if that actually presses the tires against a roller to see if the tire's sidewall stiffness is uniform, and can also detect if the tire won't want to roll straight.

Anyway... it turns out that the local Ford and Chrysler dealers were competitive with all of the other tire stores in town AND they had the latest Hunter RoadForce balancers which many of the other shops don't have. So, don't discount them as a tire source.

You can search for shops with Hunter RoadForce balancers yourself here.
I've heard of those road force balancers. Haven't seen one though. Great info. Thanks for sharing. Pricing the same, it might sway someone in favour of purchasing from a dealer.

·
Bewildered
378 Posts
I, for one, had a very positive experience by having tires balanced with this machine. It made the difference from a ride that was rhythmic before to a ride that seemed like riding on glass smooth. If you're not shopping at Costco for tires, find your tire shop with Hunter Roadforce machine today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts