The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the express oil change lane today to be told "Sorry, we don't have staff here today."

This really aggravates me when this same Chrysler Dealer sends me coupons all the time soliciting my business. Additionally, this same dealer LOST their Chrysler affiliation back in 2008 and cried constantly until they got it back.

FCA should monitor these businesses very closely to see which ones do this nonsense and train them better, or get rid of them for good.

·
Vanless member
2,087 Posts
Went to the express oil change lane today to be told "Sorry, we don't have staff here today."

This really aggravates me when this same Chrysler Dealer sends me coupons all the time soliciting my business. Additionally, this same dealer LOST their Chrysler affiliation back in 2008 and cried constantly until they got it back.

FCA should monitor these businesses very closely to see which ones do this nonsense and train them better, or get rid of them for good.
These places are always questionable. I had to re-thread my friends oil pan because they stripped the drain plug threads and "fudged" it back in with Teflon tape! Luckily the oil leaked out in his driveway not on the highway!

They charged him for a filter but it was rusty after a few days!?!!

Don't trust these people.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But, this IS the FCA Chrysler local Dealer. That is where I am perplexed.

If the dealers do this stuff, where is there left to go.

I'm worried about the instant oil change places cracking the plastic housing where the filter resides. That was why I went to the dealer express lane in the dealer service bay.

·
Vanless member
2,087 Posts
Stand over their shoulder and watch is the only way to know for sure. They are lazy and will use impact guns to tighten drain plugs. My friends pan was aluminum and NOT easy to change. Had to re-thread it in place. If you're not watching some places won't even change the oil or filter.

Sad but true.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Some dealers are good and some dealers are bad. Luckily, the one dealer within my region has very competitive prices and do great quality of work as well. There's also a different dealer within my region I will NEVER (did I say "never" LOL!) go back to. That's how bad they are.... If your specific dealer is that bad, never go back to them as well. It's their loss. Especially in the long run....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah I have mixed emotions. Bought the 2016 T&C to be the end of turning my own wrenches now that I have arrived at 70 years of age. I am the only one that has twisted a wrench, except for irritatingly poorly done front end alignments, on my vehicles for the last 35 years. Not looking forward to the dealership experience again, but have the notorious rear shock thumping going on.

For years a tradition was we went out to dinner the day after the warranty ran out to celebrate that "Now I can just fix the damned thing.".

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah I have mixed emotions. Bought the 2016 T&C to be the end of turning my own wrenches now that I have arrived at 70 years of age. I am the only one that has twisted a wrench, except for irritatingly poorly done front end alignments, on my vehicles for the last 35 years. Not looking forward to the dealership experience again, but have the notorious rear shock thumping going on.

For years a tradition was we went out to dinner the day after the warranty ran out to celebrate that "Now I can just fix the damned thing.".
That's a good tradition!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts