The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to depin connector C317 on the track harness?
This connector is driving me crazy! have two broken center conductors in harness. need to depin and replace wire. got the other connector C309 depin but C317 is gving me problems.
Does the inner blue piece need to come out first and if so how does one do that?

Also is there a genic terminal pin that I can get from a distributor like Mouser in bulk for these two connectors? One is for 14 gauge wire and the rest would be for 18 gauge wire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome aboard,
Why take the pins out? just splice new wires...

If you need connector parts:
or
or do a search for other distributors...
I'm familiar with those web pages. It doesn't allow me to order or even give prices :(
Also for C317 it doesn't give any terminal pin part #....

The conductors are broken internally so while there is no visible indications electrically they are open. Just better to replace wire than find all the breaks.

·
fix it if you can
5,682 Posts
The conductors are broken internally so while there is no visible indications electrically they are open. Just better to replace wire than find all the breaks.
Yes, two splices near the connectors and replace the wire (esp. the part that flexes in one piece) - no need to replace pins if they are not damaged...
A soldering iron, solder, wire and some heat shrink tubing is all you need

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,816 Posts
Send a photo of the connector you want to un-pin?

I've done a lot of connector de-pinning and re-pinning on these vans, almost every connector uses a safety locking tab which prevents the pins from just coming out. This safety locking tab is usually a different color to the rest of the connector itself, and most of them pull straight out fully but some pull out to the side, or towards the wires. They will also have a tab on them to lock them into place with a flexible clip of some kind.

Once the safety tab it out, I use a straight small pick or for trickier spots a 30 degree small pick. Regardless of connector, almost all of them have a slot which a plastic tab clips them into place. These tabs are accessed with a pick through the pin side and not the wire side of the connector, and to remove it, you must push the pin all the way into the connector, reach for the tab, pry the tab away from the pin then pull the wire with pin out of the connector. Sometimes it takes a good few tries, take your time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Send a photo of the connector you want to un-pin?

I've done a lot of connector de-pinning and re-pinning on these vans, almost every connector uses a safety locking tab which prevents the pins from just coming out. This safety locking tab is usually a different color to the rest of the connector itself, and most of them pull straight out fully but some pull out to the side, or towards the wires. They will also have a tab on them to lock them into place with a flexible clip of some kind.

Once the safety tab it out, I use a straight small pick or for trickier spots a 30 degree small pick. Regardless of connector, almost all of them have a slot which a plastic tab clips them into place. These tabs are accessed with a pick through the pin side and not the wire side of the connector, and to remove it, you must push the pin all the way into the connector, reach for the tab, pry the tab away from the pin then pull the wire with pin out of the connector. Sometimes it takes a good few tries, take your time.
here is a pic of the connector
Hand Automotive lighting Gesture Communication Device Gadget

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
1,121 Posts
I'm familiar with those web pages. It doesn't allow me to order or even give prices :(
Also for C317 it doesn't give any terminal pin part #....

When replacing the wire(s), use the automotive higher grade of SAE J1128 GXL. TXL will just fatigue over time and break again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts