The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try to document what all it takes and the results of spending around 70$ on LED bulbs from amazon and ugprading the T&Cs headlights.

I have software purchased to switch to XENON setting in the computer to avoid the PWM.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Logo Multimedia
Product Material property Font Publication Graphics
Brown Product Publication Font Material property

Low / High beam use H11, I got 2 versions to see which one will have a better beam pattern and fit better inside the housings.

LED fog lights are weird but I got a set to try out. I will try and take before and after pictures of the beam.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
50 Posts
Following, to see your outcome. I'm personally not too fond of sticking LEDs in these halogen housings. Too many of them blinding me in my area. ;)
Interested in seeing your beam patterns with those bulbs though!

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
LEDs are by far the best upgrade you can do to the lighting in these vans. I want to chuck my HIDs in the trash. Everyone think's I'm brighting them when I can barely see. When I actually bright them (LEDs in high beams), they almost crash. :p Never had those issues with LEDs. I could see road signs shine in broad daylight a quarter mile down the road when I had my LEDs.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just a heads up. T&C fog lights are H11. Many listings are wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a 2019 Ford Flex and I installed some H13 in that thing, at first I was ready to throw them in the trash but I realized that there was an adjuster to properly set up the bulb for the reflector and following a little adjustment the beam was exactly like the OEM one just 2-3x whiter and brighter. Had someone follow me also and there was no glare at all from it.

I’m hoping with careful installation I can achieve that on the CTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Install was easy! Turns out the fog lights are also H11 so all bulbs are H11

Bulbs used are these. 20$ on Amazon for pair of H11.

Automotive tire Font Audio equipment Cable Camera accessory

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Car

Car Vehicle Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting

And here is the difference in light output. I would say that the beam is 99% identical to what it was with the Halogen bulb.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Asphalt Building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm running Beamtech LEDs in my high and low beams: https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Headlight-Fanless-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B072JC755L

And Alla Lighting LEDs in my fogs: Amazon.com

Had them for almost 2 years now.
They're significantly crisper/brighter light than factory while still giving a crisp/clean light cutoff and they offer no added glare for other drivers.

View attachment 64877
I have used them as well! Great bulbs! These vans have pretty nice headlights it’s a shame that most people don’t know how to install led bulbs correctly and check their rotation, I was surprised to see no glare and beam that was identical to the original one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have used them as well! Great bulbs! These vans have pretty nice headlights it’s a shame that most people don’t know how to install led bulbs correctly and check their rotation, I was surprised to see no glare and beam that was identical to the original one.
Getting the rotation correct is key to getting a good cutoff and crisp lighting.

·
Registered
2008 Town and Country 3.8L
193 Posts
How would one know the correct rotation or how to correctly adjust? As far as I know, the led chips have to be facing the sides of the headlight assembly, not up and down. Please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
Chips facing the sides is the correct rotation. Up and down is what focuses blinding light at other drivers.

Reactions: Mtfix20

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How would one know the correct rotation or how to correctly adjust? As far as I know, the led chips have to be facing the sides of the headlight assembly, not up and down. Please let me know, thanks.

Its not even exact 9/3 sometimes it requires ever so slight adjustment left or right just to get the cleanest beam with sharpest cutoff line and no light bleed on top of the cutoff. Some of the led bulbs can do that very well others not so much. Also the thickness of the cooling plate is important as the farther the LEDs are appart the more problems it creates for the focusing of the beam.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts