The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 T&C with the 3.3L and I recently changed the serpentine belt. The Haynes book mentioned removing the belt splash shield in their step-by-step procedure, but on my van the crankshaft pulley and belt are exposed underneath and at the pass wheel well with no shield or cover. Since the Haynes manual is written for multiple years and multiple engines I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I'm wondering if it was removed for service at some point and then somebody forgot to put it back? Thanks!

Chris

·
Super Moderator
22,052 Posts
I have a 2003 T&C with the 3.3L and I recently changed the serpentine belt. The Haynes book mentioned removing the belt splash shield in their step-by-step procedure, but on my van the crankshaft pulley and belt are exposed underneath and at the pass wheel well with no shield or cover. Since the Haynes manual is written for multiple years and multiple engines I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I'm wondering if it was removed for service at some point and then somebody forgot to put it back? Thanks!

Chris
Should be there. Mine has one and a 2005 I looked at recently had one as well.

·
Latent car nut
8,838 Posts

Chris
Our 2003 has one.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
it should have one. I never had a FWD car without a splash shield under the belts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts