The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Chrysler town and country. We just recently purchased it, but all of a sudden we can’t lock the doors with the remote or with the button on the door. The doors will unlock with the button or the remote but won’t lock. When you hit the lock button on the remote, the lights flash and the horn honks as it should but nothing else happens. The door lock on the passenger sliding door will not move by hand. I’m assuming that’s a bad actuator. I’m wondering if the locks are not working because of the bad actuator. Although I don’t see why that would be the case unless it blows a fuse which it has not. I would love some insight on this because I am totally stumped.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have a 2013 Chrysler town and country. We just recently purchased it, but all of a sudden we can’t lock the doors with the remote or with the button on the door. The doors will unlock with the button or the remote but won’t lock. When you hit the lock button on the remote, the lights flash and the horn honks as it should but nothing else happens. The door lock on the passenger sliding door will not move by hand. I’m assuming that’s a bad actuator. I’m wondering if the locks are not working because of the bad actuator. Although I don’t see why that would be the case unless it blows a fuse which it has not. I would love some insight on this because I am totally stumped.
Hi R Jenkins,

We sincerely regret to hear of your concerns. If you are unable to receive more feedback from here, we do recommend scheduling an appointment at your nearest servicing dealer. If you can confirm an appointment, we would be glad to escalate a case to our internal handling team for an extra layer of assistance while your vehicle is in for service. Please feel free to send us a private message.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts