The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to fit a double DIN aftermarket stereo/nav unit? It looks like there is a enough room on top/bottom to expand the opening for a dble din to make it work.

·
Banned
547 Posts
It may work, but depth may be a factor.

I just put in a 1 DIN JVC DVD player in my 2001 T&C.

The video output cable sits in the lower pocket under the cupholder.

When needed, I plug it into between the seat console, whic is wired to the overhead screen.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I put a 1.5 DIN Pioneer in mine. It fit perfectly - that's the size of the original unit. I'm not sure which manufacturers make a 1.5 DIN anymore, though.

Bill

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have tried several 2DIN units (from China) in my 06 T&C.
The 1.5 hole is a bit wider than the normal 2DIN unit, so they messed around with the plastics and got rid of the extra "ears".
The depth is an issue if You want to use SD or USB. Some of the units have the card places or USB place on the side of the sliding monitor, some have them on the top of the monitor. I have tred several and decided that I will put in and leave the following unit in my van (with GPS) ...
http://www.autostereo.ee/index.php?aid=101
It doesnt have sliding facia and it is 6.2", but I am tired of fiddling with the touch screen only versions, distracks You too much and are actually quite uncomfortable to use. This one has the volume round knob and the USB and stuff also in front + it is easier to channge the DVD/CD on the move.

The installation (one of them) before You can see here...
http://picasaweb.google.com/erkki.sakarias/TCSoundInstallation#

·
Registered
79 Posts
Planning also 2din player, anybody have pics or guide trough wiring etc..

Thanx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey guys, I actually did this conversion. I have a Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX installed in my car. There are some plastic pieces that need to be removed to make room for the larger unit. For the brackets I took the ones that come for the Dodge RAM conversion kit, and some custom molding pieces to cover up the mouse ear holes that are left over.

Overall it looks pretty good. I'll see if I can post some pictures later to show you guys how it looks.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
thanks for you, looking nice..
gonna do it also..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes I did it. Only real issue was cutting into the back plastic stock radio support to allow room for the double din. I ordered the adapter kit thru Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VWXY51W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Harness adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BESGE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (Didn't have any luck getting this to pair up)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4PJC9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought a cheap double din unit off of ebay because I wasn't sure at that time about getting one to fit. I didn't take but a couple of pics. I'll have to search for them later.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Reactions: VOYAGER2003

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in the same boat, trying to upgrade to double din. What did you use to cut out the plastic supports inside the dash? Thought this was going to be a 2 hour project.

·
Registered
2005, Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited, 2.8 L CRD
189 Posts
And now, year 2021. Almost one year later, you can install this. It comes with the whole frame, canbus controller and a plug to the factory one. If you know what you are doing, it's just a plug and play. But if not, go get professional help. Simply transfer the upper outlets, climate panel and the rear wiper/heater switches panel to the frame individually.
The only inconvenience is to see the rear wiper/wash switch, since it falls behind the coffee mug:p:p:p
Vehicle Blue Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
here's a link to one, there are things you can do to make them work with the infinity amplifier system, if you're interested in doing radio things on a van with that start researching

for U.S. buyers, be aware, these will NOT fit your dashboard without modification, they're tooled to fit export model dashboards that use two screw holes at the top to help mount the bezel, along with a different pin arrangement at the top

pretty sure you can just dremel that part off and it would be fine without it, but i haven't tried it yet

·
Registered
2005, Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited, 2.8 L CRD
189 Posts
I have the similar link here but, since the company computer limits access to Aliexpress, I am able to text only the link below:
KingBeats Octa-Core head unit HU 4G in Dash Car Radio Multimedia Video Player Navigation GPS For Dodge Caravan 4 For Chrysler Voyager RG RS TownandCountry RS 2000 - 2007 no dvd 2 din Double Din Android Car Stereo 2din 138.16US $ 56% OFF|KingBeats Octa Core head unit HU 4G in Dash Car Radio Multimedia Video Player Navigation GPS For Dodge Caravan 4 For Chrysler Voyager RG RS Town&Country RS 2000 2007 no dvd 2 din Double Din Android Car Stereo 2din|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

Baron, I did not know if there was any difference between US models and the Export ones in mounting the whole fascia. Do your models have easy lock/remove pins at the top instead of screws?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts