The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005, Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited, 2.8 L CRD
189 Posts
If you go to aliexpress and type "chrysler voyager android", you will get them, but seller says "if navi and amp oem system, do not buy"
In diesel models here, you cannot find a Name Brand Speaker (NBS) relay in the fuse and relay center. On the contrary, in gas models, there is an NBS relay there. And; you can easily bypass that relay, if so equipped. There are forums here explaining how to bypass the amplifier. It's the easiest way for gas models. When I had a 2001 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited, 3.3 L; I took the advantage of mentioned forums and bypassed the relay. In other words, amplifier. In diesel models, you have to do some cabling work to bypass the amplifier. By using the service manual, you have to find the related speaker cable colors already coming from the factory plug, as well as amplified outputs from the amplifier. Just connect the relevant cables to and from the amplifier by means of a hand made harness and that's it!. You can connect dash speakers from the relevant door speaker cables like you will do from the rear side panel speakers to the rear tweeters. Some may prefer installing new speaker cables out from the aftermarket head unit instead of jumping the cables but, since it's too much work, I don'take that...

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Baron, I did not know if there was any difference between US models and the Export ones in mounting the whole fascia. Do your models have easy lock/remove pins at the top instead of screws?
ours only have two pins at the top, while yours have six pins and two screws

it's definitely not un-secure on ours, so i'm not sure for the reason behind the difference

maybe it helps it not break off if someone hits you from behind very hard

here's the pins on the back side of ours

vs the pins on yours, seen from the front side

everything else is the same as far as i can tell, all the other pins are in the same place and it screws in the same at the bottom for both types

·
Registered
189 Posts
Baron, thank you for the explanation. For your information; if you added pictures, they could not be seen.
Ours have four pins and four screws actually. Of course, the pins are on the rear side of fascia, two on both sides while the screws are two at the top and two at the bottom meeting right above the cup holder drawer.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Baron, thank you for the explanation. For your information; if you added pictures, they could not be seen.
Ours have four pins and four screws actually. Of course, the pins are on the rear side of fascia, two on both sides while the screws are two at the top and two at the bottom meeting right above the cup holder drawer.
the hosting domain may be blocked or inaccessible in your country, i'll upload a screenshot directly
Peripheral Input device Mouse Font Rectangle

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thank you for the explanation with the pictures. I got it now...;););)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts