The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I'm a newbie here! Thanks in advance for help from anyone who can.
1998 Chrysler Town and COuntry LX 3.8L 41TE transmission

I have a P1698 code - no CCD Bus messages from the TCM. I have a Wi-Tech Pod which simulates the factory DRB III scan tool.
When I try to communicate with ANY module EXCEPT the PCM, I get an error message stating either "Unable to ID module for ....." or "NO Response received from the ......";

I assume that the reason it can't communicate is due to a problem on the CCD Bus - BUT I have a reasonable amount of voltage (neighborhood of 2.5) on both the CCD Bus + and - wires at the DLC. The voltages fluctuate by a few mVs too. It would seem that the CCD Bus IS working BUT I can't tell with 100% certainty because I DO NOT have a lab scope - and could never afford one!

I've tried unplugging ALL 9 of the modules (one at a time) that communicate on the CCD Bus and NONE made a difference in the scan tool's ability to ID/com with the other modules.

PLEASE any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
We have a WiTech also, but it doesn't have the DRBIII module loaded so no go on the older vans. Is the proper software loaded for your vehicle? Did you buy the software from eBay?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts