The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Grand Caravan SXT and the driver side power lock doesn't work. The same door had issues with the power open and close feature but we found and fixed three breaks in the wiring where it runs through the little plastic chain that "protects the wires" that connect the body to the door. I didn't find any breaks in any of the other wires so I think I'm going to have to pull the interior siding off the door and start investigating there. While we were working on the power open close feature we were pretty sure we could hear a clicking sound when hitting the power lock button so I think power is getting to the lock/unlock mechanism. Before I start taking the door apart though I thought I'd see if there are any common causes others have run into that have caused the power lock to not work in the sliding doors.

Having the power open feature just doesn't have the same effect when you have to open the driver door, manually unlock the door, and then push the power open button. Obviously this not a critical problem but with two children under 3 and the up coming road trip season it might be nice to have it fixed. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Drivin' Maniac
2002 Grand Caravan ES 3.8L
1,978 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts