The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the owner of a newly acquired to me 2011 town and country. One thing I have noticed is that the switch on driver's side doesn't work. The rear vent buttons work. But can't move side mirrors, can't use to lock or unlock doors. Can't automatically bend in side mirrors.

Anyone had the slightest idea as to what gis wrong. When I use the fob I can lock and unlock all the doors

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Seems like you already know the issue. It's the master switch. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting it, but in my experiences, if that does work, it only does for a short while.

Reactions: Mtfix20

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like you already know the issue. It's the master switch. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting it, but in my experiences, if that does work, it only does for a short while.
I did try that, and it didnt. Worked for a bit and then failed again but luckily I was able to fully close the window. Now I guess I will try and see if there's a cut wire at the door rubber flex protector. If no wires cut I'm guessing a bad driver door module which I cant find a part number for

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
That's how these act when they fail. Disconnecting them will let them reset, but they will fail again very quickly. When mine went bad, it would get the window halfway up then fail again. Worked liked this for a few days until a replacement came in. Luckily it didn't completely fail until after it arrived.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's how these act when they fail. Disconnecting them will let them reset, but they will fail again very quickly. When mine went bad, it would get the window halfway up then fail again. Worked liked this for a few days until a replacement came in. Luckily it didn't completely fail until after it arrived.
Yeah unfortunately mine hasnt worked. But i really do suspect the door harness to be at fault. Thanks for you input

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just want to say thank you to all that shared some insight on my issue.. After finally having some time to take door apart, found 3 broken wires in door wire harness.... Soldered and added new wire and now I'm able to control all windows. Still swapped out the switch since original one wouldn't light up. Now I only have to figure out why driver door won't lock with the key fob or thru the door lock buttons but all others do.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
So hitting the button on the driver's door locks all other doors, just not that door? Could be the lock actuator. Since you found broke wires, that's a possibility too. Unplug the actuator and see if you get voltage when hitting the button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts