The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to unlock my van the other day I heard a door automatically lock for some reason. Now the drivers side sliding door it stuck in the locked position and will not open. Can’t manually unlock it from using the latch either. Is there a way to over ride this or is one of the motors done? Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
30,138 Posts
I don't understand the "automatically locking" you heard. Are you sure it was the affected door?

Lock actuator is toast, most likely. It's common for the Driver's side to fall in the locked position, Passenger's side in the unlocked position.
What year is your van? Extended warranty in place for some 2015s to 2017s.

Replacement is a pain unless a work around is used.

Lots of Posts on this Forum regarding the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand the "automatically locking" you heard. Are you sure it was the affected door?

Lock actuator is toast, most likely. It's common for the Driver's side to fall in the locked position, Passenger's side in the unlocked position.
What year is your van? Extended warranty in place for some 2015s to 2017s.

Replacement is a pain unless a work around is used.

Lots of Posts on this Forum regarding the problem.
Thank you for the quick reply. The sound was from the affect door unfortunately. It is a 2017 grand caravan crew so hopefully it is still covered. After watching some replacement videos on it, it seems to be above my skill level for a self replacement.
Thank you again.

·
Super Moderator
30,138 Posts
Look here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts