The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is an FYI for those who might encounter this type of problem.

I had the 'buzzing' problem and poor window opening.

I took the switch from the black case and noticed some gray/white material between the first contact on the switch (it's the one that gets activated by pressing 'down' on driver's window button). This contact does NOT require separation of the circuit board starting at about 1:51 in the video below.
I did not remove the copper contact, but instead used a razor blade to scrape away the material within the small gap when the copper contact is depressed slightly.

Reassembled and the 'auto' mode window opening is working again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1GIhE4q-tU

·
Vanless member
2,090 Posts
Thanks for the video. I have the same problem now, comes and goes. I'm all about taking things like this apart and fixing them. These switches aren't cheap and scrapyard ones probably ready to fail anyway. Nice to see what to expect when I get there! Did the same with my flasher relay, saved 100 bucks.(dealer said don't even try)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm all about taking things like this apart and fixing them.
The switches are pretty robust and built to last. It boggled my mind that whatever dust built up enough to interfere with the circuit I cleaned, which is normally CLOSED (the contact is only open when the button is pressed).
It's not like the dust in the computer mouse, which I expect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts